Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. He brought Christianity to Ireland but the most famous story about Saint Patrick is that he drove the snakes out of Ireland. The national emblem of Ireland is the Shamrock because Patrick used the three-leaved shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity. On St.Patrick’s Day people wear shamrocks, drink Guinness (traditional drink in Ireland) and have parades in the big cities. It is celebrated on 17 March.
Can you answer the questions about Saint Patrick?
1. In which country is Saint Patrick the patron saint?
2. What animals did he drive out of the country?
3. What is the national emblem?
4. How do people celebrate Saint Patrick Day?
5. When is Saint Patrick Day?
If you don’t know any words check on Sztaki Szótár
Would you like to do some craft work? Here’s the link:
St Patrick Day Crafts